Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the best TPO roof sealants of 2023. In this article, we will be delving into the top TPO roof sealant solutions available this year. If you’re seeking effective ways to protect your roof while considering cost and features, you’re in the right place. Let’s dive into the future of TPO roofing membranes and discover the top sealant choices.
👉 5 Best TPO Roof Sealants of 2023
#1 EverGuard® Water-Block Mastic by GAF
EverGuard® Water-Block Mastic is a TPO sealant. It is a single-component, non-sag, high-build, elastomeric sealant that is specifically designed for use with TPO roofing membranes. It is resistant to UV rays and all types of weather, and has excellent adhesion to TPO. It is also resistant to mildew, mold, and algae growth. EverGuard® Water-Block Mastic is a high-quality TPO sealant that is backed by a warranty from GAF. It is a reliable and durable sealant that can be used to protect TPO roofs from water damage.
EverGuard® Water-Block Mastic is used to seal seams, cracks, and penetrations in TPO roofing membranes. It can also be used to create flashings and barriers to prevent water infiltration. It is a versatile sealant that can be used for a variety of applications on TPO roofs.
- Single-component, non-sag formula
- High-build for superior coverage
- Excellent adhesion to TPO
- Weather and UV-resistant
- Resistant to mildew, mold, and algae
- Can be used for a variety of applications
Cost: The average cost of EverGuard® Water-Block Mastic is $10 to $15 per 10 oz tube.
#2 Henry® 587 100% Acrylic Dura-Brite™ White Elastomeric Roof Coating
Henry® 587 100% Acrylic Dura-Brite™ White Elastomeric Roof Coating is a high-quality product that is designed to be used on TPO roofs. It is made from a blend of acrylic and urethane resins, which gives it excellent weather resistance and durability. It is also mildew and algae-resistant, which can help to keep your roof looking its best for years to come. If you are looking for a high-quality TPO roof sealant, then this Henry roof coating is a good option. It is backed by a 10-year warranty, so you can be confident that it will protect your roof for many years to come.
- Fast drying
- Reflects heat
- Easy to apply
Cost: The average cost of the Henry® 587 100% Acrylic Dura-Brite™ White Elastomeric Roof Coating is $30 to $32 per gallon.
#3 FlexSealTM Caulk Grade Sealant by GAF
GAF FlexSeal™ Caulk Grade Sealant is an excellent sealant option for many types of flat roofs, including TPO, metal, concrete, wood, and asphalt shingles. It is also highly resistant to UV rays and will not crack or peel even under intense conditions. Along with sealing the edges of flat roofs, it can also be used for railings and flashing.
- Durable and UV-resistant
- Bonds to multiple substrates
- Very flexible and resistant to cracks
- Can be coated with paint or other sealants
- Low odor
Cost: The average cost of GAF FlexSeal™ Caulk Grade Sealant is $12 to $15 per 10 oz tube.
#4 EverGuard® TPO Cut Edge Sealant by GAF
EverGuard® TPO Cut Edge Sealant is part of the GAF family of roofing products, reflecting GAF’s commitment to providing comprehensive solutions for all aspects of roofing. It is a specialized roofing solution designed to enhance the longevity and performance of TPO roofing systems. Created to address the vulnerability of edges and seams in TPO membranes, this innovative product serves as a protective barrier against environmental threats that can compromise the integrity of roofing installations.
- Single-component, solvent-free, high-solids sealant
- Clear in color
- Low VOC content
- Easy to apply
- Dries quickly
- Resistant to UV rays, weathering, and chemicals
- Designed to seal the cut edges of TPO membranes
Cost: The average cost of EverGuard® TPO Cut Edge Sealant is $25 to $35 per pint.
# 5 EverGuard® One-Part Pourable Sealant by GAF
EverGuard® One-Part Pourable Sealant by GAF is a sealant that stands as a reliable choice, promising both professional and long-lasting roofing outcomes. Its formula is environmentally friendly, and it exhibits strong adhesion to various construction materials, offering flexibility to accommodate structural movements.
- No mixing required
- Ideal for damp, cold climates
- Safe and eco-friendly formula
- Strong adhesion
- Smooth finish
Cost: The average cost of EverGuard® One-Part Pourable Sealant is $60 to $70 per 28 ounce pouch.
Choosing the Right Roof Sealant: What to Keep in Mind
When choosing the best TPO roof sealant, several key factors should be taken into consideration. By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your selection meets your roofing needs.
1. Compatibility: Ensure that the TPO roof sealant you choose is specifically formulated for use with TPO roofing materials. Using an incompatible sealant could lead to poor adhesion and compromised performance.
2. Weather Resistance: Opt for a TPO roof sealant that offers exceptional weather resistance. Look for products that can withstand extreme temperatures, UV exposure, and other environmental factors to ensure long-lasting protection.
3. Flexibility: Choose a sealant with good flexibility to accommodate the natural movement of the TPO roofing material due to temperature changes and building settling. This flexibility helps prevent cracking and leaks over time.
4. Adhesion: Look for a sealant with strong adhesion properties to create a secure bond between the TPO membrane and other roofing components. Adequate adhesion prevents water infiltration and enhances the overall integrity of the roofing system.
5. Ease of Application: Consider whether the product requires special tools or expertise for application and ensure that it can be efficiently used for your specific roofing project.
6. Longevity: Prioritize sealants with a proven track record of durability and longevity. Research customer reviews, manufacturer specifications, and any available warranty information to gauge the expected lifespan of the sealant.
7. Chemical Compatibility: If your roofing system will be exposed to chemicals or pollutants, select a TPO roof sealant that is resistant to these substances. Chemical compatibility is crucial to maintaining the sealant’s effectiveness over time.
8. Curing Time: Consider the curing time of the sealant before it reaches its full strength and waterproofing capabilities. A shorter curing time may expedite the completion of your roofing project.
9. Color Options: While often overlooked, the color of the sealant can impact the aesthetics of your roof. Some sealants offer color choices to match or complement the roofing material, enhancing the overall appearance of the structure.
10. Certifications: Look for TPO roof sealants that have been tested and certified by relevant industry organizations. Certifications can provide assurance of the sealant’s quality, performance, and adherence to industry standards.
By keeping these considerations in mind, you’ll be better equipped to choose the best TPO roof sealant for your specific roofing project. Remember to consult with roofing professionals or manufacturers for personalized recommendations based on your unique requirements.
If you’re also interested in learning more about the lifespan of TPO roofs and valuable maintenance tips, don’t miss our guide: How Long Does A TPO Roof Last? Tips For Maintenance. This resource will provide you with insights to ensure the longevity and performance of your TPO roofing system.
In the realm of roofing solutions, the year 2023 brings with it a selection of top-tier TPO roof sealants that combine cost-effectiveness with exceptional features. These sealants work to safeguard roofing systems against moisture infiltration while maintaining an impressive balance between performance and affordability. Wondering about the total cost of a TPO roof? Check out our blog post: How Much Does A TPO Roofing Really Cost?
At OConnor Contracting, we take pride in delivering quality solutions to meet your roofing needs. We understand the significance of reliable roof sealants in maintaining the integrity of your property. If you’re seeking expert guidance or assistance, our dedicated team is here to provide you with the insights and services you require. Contact us today at (716) 600-7663.